MyBruApp proprietary Limited ("MyBru")
Trading as MyBru
Date last amended May 2017
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information with third parties and cross border.
2. Personal information refers to all information about you as an identifiable individual, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, mobile number, identity number and mobile device’s ID and GPS location.
3. Collection and processing of Personal information
3.1. MyBru only collects and processes personal information that is reasonably necessary for its business functions and activities which include but are not limited to the following instances:
- making an online purchase to use our service
- opening an account (user and customer)
- making use of MyBru’s mobile applications
- taking part in our promotions, competitions, and surveys (if applicable)
3.3. In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website or mobile applications from time to time MyBru may also collect relevant personal information. MyBru will use such information to provide the services to you. MyBru may also use such information for its own internal purposes including –
- establishing and verifying your identity;
- maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
4. Precise Location Information and How to Opt Out
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about specials or applicable promotions in your area). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you.
5. Payment Card Information
To use our services, such as to place advertisements on our mobile applications, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms:
- When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites or any of our mobile applications, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date) to our third-party payment service providers and/or other third-party service providers. These third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use/procure similar services in the future.
6. Analytics and tailored advertising
6.1. Analytics and tailored advertising
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described as “Automatically-Collected Information”. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Services.
7. Storage of personal information
7.1. MyBru uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to eliminate risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
8. Personal information shared
8.1 MyBru may sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any of our services, you provide your express and informed consent for MyBru to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows -
8.1.1 to third party companies that may partner with MyBru to provide products or services to you or be employed by MyBru to provide services for us, including for example, website hosting and development. These companies require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes ;
8.1.2 to transfer MyBru's customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
8.1.3 to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if MyBru is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to -
22.214.171.124 comply with the law or with any legal process;
126.96.36.199 protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
188.8.131.52 prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; and/or
184.108.40.206 protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, MyBru will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
8.2 MyBru reserves the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or business associates and partners.
10. Access to your personal information
MyBru will provide you with access to any of your personal information it holds (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact MyBru. Before MyBru provides you with access to your personal information proof of identity will be required. MyBru may in addition, charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information.
11. Communicating with you / Opting Out
If you are an existing customer, we provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by:
- following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication
- updating your registered profile preferences
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change our privacy & security policy, we will post changes to this page. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here. The amended privacy & security policy will supersede and replace any previous policies with effect from the date on which it is posted on our website.
If you have any questions concerning your personal information, please contact us on
+27 27 1942 633, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.